Find out how you can get around Miami for free, how to save money when shopping and much more with our editor Colm.
O que consta no nosso vídeo acerca de MiamiImprimir
Our video for Miami has five extremely useful tips on how to save money there:
- 1. Get around Downtown Miami for free
- Thanks to the Metro Mover, a free monorail service that operates around Downtown Miami, you can get around the city centre for free.
- 2. Admire the Art Deco architecture
- Miami is famous for its Art Deco buildings and architecture and a great place to witness it is in the South Beach neighbourhood. These include landmarks like the Carlyle and the McAlpin HotelS, while there are lots of other examples in the neighbourhood also. Also, make sure to visit Ocean Drive at night.
- 3. Shop at the outlet malls
- If you plan on going shopping, do so at one of the city's outlet malls. Two of them include:
- Sawgrass Mills (12801 West Sunrise Blvd, Sunrise, FL 33323): This is an outdoor mall approximately 45 minutes drive from Miami.
- Dolphin Mall (11401 N.W. 12th Street, Miami, FL 33172): This is closer ot the city and is an indoor mall.
- 4. Relax at Bayfront Park
- Here you can relax on its small man-made beach, check out the fountain and relax in the green areas. If youÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢re in the mood to blow a bit of cash, you can do that in the neighbouring Bayside Marketplace, while the American Airlines Arena which is home to the Miami Heat team is also nearby.
- 5. Chill out on the beach
- This is easily MiamiÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s best-known attraction. Take note though that different parts are popular with different people. 13th St Beach is popular with the gay community while families go to 23rd St Beach. 2nd St Beach is where youÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ll find the locals, and 9th St Beach is one of the busiest.
- And finally....
- Stay in hostels rather than hotels, such as Miami Beach International Travelers Hostel which is where Colm stayed. And to book this hostel, and many more, log on to www.hostelworld.com.