Parece que o seu idioma preferido Ã© PortuguÃªs.Click here to change language
August 10, 2010
Hostelworld.com, the world's number one hostel booking site has today announced the launch of its newly redesigned website, which has undergone a complete transformation with many aesthetic changes complementing functionality improvements. The site is a reflection of customer demand following extensive user research. Enhanced search functionality and quicker download speeds coupled with the repositioning of Hostelworld.com's unique content are some of the key benefits for Hostelworld.com customers.
The new website hosts a wide range of new features:
- Improved site navigation makes the site easier to use
- Enhanced hostel search and filtering functionality allows customers to find the perfect hostel quickly and easily
- New screen layouts designed with feedback from Hostelworld.com users, means the site prioritises the information customers want to see, such as ratings, reviews and photos
- Enhancement of 'guides and info' section, providing rich information, advice and ideas to help travellers get the most out of their trip
- Further improvements to Hostelworld.com's travel social network, 'MyWorld', gives customers greater control of their bookings by allowing them to cancel and make changes, in addition to allowing them to meet friends and stay connected online while travelling
- Improved travel services to help with the essential extras needed when travelling such as travel insurance, guidebooks and a flight metasearch.
To celebrate the launch of the redesigned site, Hostelworld.com has also launched an innovative €20,000 'Treasure Hunt' competition with a prize of €2,000 cash for 10 daily winners (www.hostelworld.com/treasure-hunt) . Each day a video question will be posted on the site by Hostelworld.com's editor Colm Hanratty. The answers can only be found in the pages of the newly designed site, with those answering correctly in with a chance of winning the daily €2,000 cash prize. Furthermore all entrants will receive no booking fees for four weeks.
Feargal Mooney, CEO of Hostelworld.com commenting on the site redesign said "After a milestone year in 2009 celebrating our 10 year anniversary we felt that the time was right to not only give Hostelworld.com a brighter, fresher look but also to update and improve the functionality, tools and services that we currently offer, enhancing the overall Hostelworld experience for our millions of customers. The travel industry and the technology underpinning it is constantly changing and our goal is to be at the forefront of that change so that our users have the very best tools for booking budget travel".
Feargal continued "We're also very excited to be launching such a large scale giveaway in conjunction with the redesign site launch. The treasure hunt competition helps people familiarize themselves with the new look site and the new features, while also giving them the opportunity to win a fantastic cash prize of €2,000 every day for 10 days and everyone is a winner with all entrants receiving no booking fees for 4 weeks."
The global market leader for over 10 years, Hostelworld.com is the leading provider of online reservations to the budget, independent and youth travel market. It offers confirmed online reservations for over 24,000 hostels and budget hotels in 186 countries worldwide. The site also offers budget travellers a Travel Store, over 3 million user reviews, free travel videos, podcasts, customized city guides, a travel social network and more. Hostelworld.com is headquartered in Dublin and is fully owned and operated by Web Reservations International Ltd (WRI)
For further information please contact Aisling White on firstname.lastname@example.org